Cigarettes are very addictive and can result in cancer. Stopping smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for your health.
Quitting smoking is one of the difficult things you can do. But it is also the best thing you can do – for your health, quality of life and your loved ones
People who have nicotine addiction know how hard it is to make the last cigarette p
remain the last one. Is it possible to quit? Absolutely! With smart strategies to handle the emotional cravings, and effective remedies to manage the physical side, you will increase your chances profoundly.
Let’s talk about nicotine pouches
Nicotine pouches have a resemblance to traditional snus pouches but are different in many ways. While nicotine pouches do not have tobacco, but only the active substance nicotine, they are categorized as medical products, not as “recreational products” like snus. Nicotine pouches can be bought from pharmacies and supermarkets
Using nicotine pouches
Nicotine pouches can be used the same way as snus pouches. It can be placed under your lip. The effect is long-lasting, and it is a good alternative in situations when you can’t, or are not allowed, to smoke.
Here is how to use a nicotine pouch:
- Moisten the nicotine pouch using your tongue and put it under your lip.
- Ensure you keep the nicotine pouch in for about 30 minutes.
- If you want to release more nicotine, occasionally move the pouch around in your mouth.
- If you want to use a nicotine pouch the normal way, you can use 8-12 nicotine pouches per day. However, don’t use more than 24 pouches per day
Nicotine pouches are great for you because;
- They are discreet
- They are very easy the regulation how much nicotine is released in your mouth
- It can be used anywhere. It can be used during air travel and even in other non-smoking environments
- It does not contain tobacco so this means you can avoid all hazardous and carcinogenic substances and heavy metals found in tobacco.
By making use of nicotine pouches, you can regulate how much nicotine is released in your mouth, by moving the pouch from side to side, or by moistening it using your tongue.
Because nicotine pouches are tobacco-free, it is a big advantage as tobacco comprises dangerous toxins and other carcinogenic substances.
By using nicotine pouches you avoid getting carbon monoxide, tar, lead, ammonia, cadmium, and lots of other harmful substances found in tobacco getting into your system.
We would not do justice to this article without mentioning some disadvantages of nicotine pouches. Some disadvantages include;
- The fact that you may feel uncomfortable and stingy if you are not used to using snus.
- The fact that it may be difficult to eat and drink with a nicotine pouch in your mouth.
- The fact that it does not occupy your hands, which otherwise is a common habit of smokers
However, some people don’t have bad experiences using traditional snus. If you do, nicotine pouches may not be the best option.
Also, if you don’t like chewing gum or wearing nicotine patches, then nicotine pouches can be the perfect aid on the journey to becoming tobacco-free.
Even though nicotine is not carcinogenic, it is still a toxin. Taking nicotine can have some effects on your body. Taking too much nicotine can result in heart palpitations, nausea, dizziness, sweating, gum irritation, and teeth discoloration. When taking nicotine pouches, you can choose between 4mg and 2mg. The nicotine content in nicotine pouches is lower than the regular common tobacco products. Cigarettes contain an average of 12mg, while traditional snus has about 8mg nicotine per portion.